There are as many as 66 medical colleges in Karnataka which altogether offer 10945 total medical seats in Karnataka 2023. Of the 66 medical colleges in Karnataka, 21 are government medical colleges thus accounting for less than one-third of the total medical colleges. The rest, i.e. 45 medical colleges are private medical colleges. The total government medical seats in Karnataka 2023 are 3200 and the rest, i.e. 7745 seats are available for admission to private medical colleges in Karnataka. With so many medical colleges in Karnataka, good prospect of postgraduate medical studies is evident.
As a result, the students can pursue PG in 55 medical colleges of Karnataka which collectively offer 5,000+ seats to MD/MS/Diploma program! Of these, 20 are government medical colleges in Karnataka offering 1171 seats in PG courses and the rest are 35 private medical colleges of Karnataka with 3800+ seats. If we were to explore the status of super specialty studies, there are 23 medical colleges in Karnataka that offer around 370 seats in DM/MCH programs.
In the table below you can find the Total Tuition Fees, MBBS intake, Establishment Year, Cut off for All India Quota, and State Quota Seats for every Private Medical College.In Karnataka, Private Medical Colleges participate solely in State Counseling procedures and not in All India Counseling. Hence, the All India Quota cut-off detail is not available.
LIST OF KARNATAKA PRIVATE MEDICAL COLLEGES
Name and Address of
Medical College / Medical Institution
There are numerous benefits to the MBBS Abroad over study at Private Medical College in India. You can refer to the below table to understand the values we fetch in MBBS Abroad on various critical parameters, that are crucial before deciding the right path
Small Groups of 15-20 Students in each batch, Test after every Conceptual Class
100-150 students in a batch
Grading of Academics
Mostly European Credit Transfer System (ECTS)
University Level, CBME
Opportunities for Global Medical PG
US, CANADA, Gulf Region, UK and other European Countries incl India
Moderate to High
Multiple Hospitals for different speciality
College Hospital only
Teaching Experience of Medical Colleges
In Karnataka, most of the medical colleges hold more than 10 to 25 years of experience in teaching.. It is always important to select an old medical college as there is no shortage of faculties and they are well experienced too, which is the primary requirement of a MBBS student for their learning.
Experience of Teaching
Name of Medical College
Less than <5 years
1. Bowring & Lady Curzon Medical College & Research Institute, Bangalore
2. Dr. Chandramma Dayananda Sagar Instt. of Medical Education & Research, Harohalli, Hubli
3. Sri Siddhartha Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
4. East Point College of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
5. Chikkaballapura Institute of Medical Sciences
6. Chikkamagaluru Institute of Medical Sciences, Chikkamagaluru
7. G R Medical College Hospital & Research Centre
8. Haveri Institute of Medical Sciences, Haveri
9. Jagadguru Gangadhar Mahaswamigalu Moorusavirmath Medical College JGMMMC
10. Sambharam Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kolar
11. Yadgiri Institute of Medical Sciences, Yadgiri
1. Karwar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karwar
2. Chamrajanagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Karnataka
3. Kodagu Institute of Medical Sciences, Kodagu
4. Koppal Institute of Medical Sciences, Koppal
5. Gulbarga Institute of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
6. Gadag Institute of Medical Sciences, Mallasamudra, Mulgund Road, Gadag
7. Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Gulbarga
8. Employees State Insurance Corporation Medical College, Bangalore
9. Sambharam Institute of Medical Sciences & Research, Kolar
10. Akash Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Devanhalli, Bangalore, Karnataka
11. Kanachur Institute of Medical Sciences, Mangalore
12. The Oxford Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Bangalore
13. Shridevi Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Hospital, Tumkur
14. BGS Global Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
15. Subbaiah Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga, Karnataka
1. Hassan Institute of Medical Sciences, Hassan
2. Mandya Institute of Medical Sciences, Mandya
3. Belagavi Institute of Medical Sciences, Belagavi
4. Shimoga Institute of Medical Sciences, Shimoga
5. Raichur Institute of Medical Sciences, Raichur
6. Bidar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bidar
7.SDM College of Medical Sciences & Hospital, Sattur, Dharwad
8. Vydehi Institute Of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
9. Father Mullers Medical College, Mangalore
10. Basaveswara Medical College and Hospital, Chitradurga
11. K S Hegde Medical Academy, Mangalore
12. Khaja Bandanawaz University - Faculty of Medical Sciences, Gulbarga
13. MVJ Medical College and Research Hospital, Bangalore
14. S S Institute of Medical Sciences& Research Centre, Davangere
15. A J Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Mangalore
16. S. Nijalingappa Medical College & HSK Hospital & Research Centre, Bagalkot
17. Navodaya Medical College, Raichur
18. Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
19. Rajarajeswari Medical College & Hospital, Bangalore
20. K V G Medical College, Sullia
21. Srinivas Institute of Medical Research Centre, Srinivasnagar
22. Sapthagiri Institute of Medical Sciences & Research Centre, Bangalore
1. Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, Hubballi
2. Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
3. Mysore Medical College and Research Instt. (Prev.name Government Medical College), Mysore
4. Vijaynagar Institute of Medical Sciences, Bellary
5. Shri B M Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Vijayapura (Bijapur)
6. Sri Siddhartha Medical College, Tumkur
7. Adichunchanagiri Institute of Medical Sciences Bellur
8. Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Belgaum
9. Kasturba Medical College, Mangalore
10. Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
11. M S Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
12. Kempegowda Institute of Medical Sciences, Bangalore
13. JSS Medical College, Mysore
14. Dr BR Ambedkar Medical College, Bangalore
15. St. Johns Medical College, Bangalore
16. Al-Ameen Medical College, Bijapur
17. JJM Medical College, Davangere
18. Mahadevappa Rampure Medical College, Kalaburagi, Gulbarga
19. Sri Devaraj URS Medical College, Kolar
NEET-UG Exam dates 2023
The National Testing Agency (NTA) will conduct the NEET (UG) 2022 examination on Sunday, 17 July 2022 in pen & paper mode. The examination will serve as a uniform entrance examination for MBBS admission and other stream like BDS/ BAMS/ BSMS/ BUMS/ BHMS and other undergraduate medical courses.
You can find the tentative date for NEET UG 2023 Exam
NEET 2022 (Actual)
Expected Date NEET 2023
NEET exam notification
15th Dec 2022
NEET application form date by NTA
Last date to submit NEET application form
NEET UG Admit Card Release Date
1st/2nd Week Jul
1st Week of May 2023
NEET Exam Date
7th May 2023
1st Week of Jul 2023
NEET-UG 2023 Cut Off
Like previous years, the NEET (UG) Cut off for qualification will be 50 percentile for candidates from General category. Often the candidates confuse percentage with percentile system in this exam.
Please find the table below indicating Actual NEET UG cut off for 2021 and 2022 and Expected NEET 2023 Cut off
NEET-UG 2021 Cut-off
NEET-UG 2022 Cut-off
NEET-UG 2023 Cut off
Karnataka NEET-UG Counselling 2023 dates
Seat allocation is being done in multiple phases both in All India counseling and State counseling of Karnataka. This is because, many seats become vacant due to withdrawal of seats by the students for not getting college of their choice, not able to arrange the funds for fees, Lack of proof of their category under which they applied etc. Once the dates for reporting to the college/ Fee deposits/Submitting documents is passed all such seats made available for the next rounds. In the below table, you can find the details for counseling rounds in All India and State counseling followed for MBBS Seat Allocation-
NEET-UG Counselling 2022 (Actual)
NEET-UG Counselling 2023 (Expected)
Announcement of Counselling Dates
3rd Week of Oct 2022
3rd Week of Aug 2023
Result of All India Counselling Round-1/Round-2
1st/3rd Week of Nov 2022
1st Week/3rd Week of Sep 2023
Result of All India Counselling Mop Up and Stray Round
4th Week of Nov/1st Week of Dec 2022
4th Week of Sep/1st Week of Oct 2023
The State Common Entrance Test Cell, Karnataka under the guidance of DMER, Mumbai is responsible for conducting State counseling for allocation of 85% of MBBS Seats in Govt and 100% Private Medical College under State Quota. However, MCC is the governing body for filling rest 15 % seats through All India Quota seats in Govt Medical College and 100% Seats in Deemed University. Those who qualified NEET are eligible to apply in both the counseling processes.
Eligibility for Karnataka NEET-UG 2023 Counselling
Your age must be no less than 17 years.
You must have qualified the NEET exam.
Karnataka MBBS Cut-off 2023: 10+2 with a score of at least 50% in PCB (for general category), 45% (for general PH) and 40% for ST/SC/OBC.
Your core subjects for 10+2 have to be Biology, Chemistry, English, and Physics.
For those who wish for state quota seat must meet the NEET domicile criteria of Karnataka .
How to Register for Karnataka NEET UG Counselling 2023
The application is to be submitted online on the official website of KEA, Karnataka and MCC will be providing the forms for MBBS admission in Karnataka .
Fill the application form with all the necessary details including your personal and academic ones.
Once you successfully fill the form, you will now be given with a unique registration ID and password which will further be used to complete the application process.
Remember you are supposed to be very meticulous while filling your details otherwise there are chances of your application getting rejected.
Documents Required for Counselling
The documents that are mandatory to be produced for DME Karnataka UG counseling and admission process are illustrated below. Candidates must note that unavailability of any of the documents is likely to lead to the cancellation of the Karnataka MBBS admission process.
10 Passport sized photographs (The photograph must be the same as those used in the NEET application form and hall ticket)
Fee payment receipt
Printout of the MP MBBS admission form
Documents that are subject to applicability
Reservation category certificate
PWD (Persons With Disability) certificate
Gap period affidavit
Freedom fighter certificate
To apply to the MBBS seats in Karnataka through state quota, the candidate must fulfill any of the following conditions.
He/she must have studied for a minimum period of 7 years from a Karnataka institution
He/she must have passed 11th and 12th standard from an educational institution in Karnataka and his/her parents must have studied in Karnataka for at least 7 years
He/she along with either of the parents have Kannada, Tulu or Kodava as mother tongue. In such case, they must undergo a language test to prove eligibility
He/she must be the son/daughter of defense personnel who happen to have passed 11th and 12th standard from an educational institution in Karnataka
Reservation in All India Quota Seats 2023
A very important aspect that you, as an aspirant, need to understand is the policy of Reservation in force when it comes to admission through NEET UG. The Central Government’s Reservation Policy governs the norms of reservation for all seats to be filled in the All India counseling process. However, it may be different for various categories of Institutes like Autonomous, Central University Colleges, Deemed University Colleges and All India Quota.
The reservation policy currently in force for AIQ is –
General Economically Weaker Section (GEN – EWS)
Scheduled Caste (SC)
Scheduled Tribe (ST)
Other Backward Caste (OBC-NCL)
Persons with Disabilities (PwD)
Reservation in Karnataka State Quota Seat 2023
As per Vertical Reservation:
Other Backward Classes(OBC) 21% (Non Creamy Layer)
More Backward Class(MBC) 5% ( Non Creamy Layer)
Scheduled Tribes (ST) 12% (45% of this is reserved for tribal area)
Scheduled Caste (SC) 16%
Widow / Wards of Defense Personnel(WDP) + Widow / Wards or Para Military Personnel(WPP)1%
As per Horizontal Reservation:
Person With Disabilities (PWD)5%
Your Chance to get a MBBS Seat in Karnataka
The most difficult time for any of the students is to wait after NEET till the counseling process to know whether he/she is getting a college of his/her choice or not? Sometimes this dilemma continues for a couple of months due to multiple rounds of counseling. It has become more difficult due to parallel counseling of All India Quota and various States due to COVID-19. The counseling process is very complex where 550+ Govt. and Private colleges offer 83000+ Seats and fee variation is also huge that ranges from less than 1 Lac to 2.5 Cr for the course.
Dreams shatter when any silly mistake in choice filling or wrong selection of college leads to getting a poorly ranked college. Imagine getting paid seats or no seats at all due to lack of genuine guidance!
MOKSH AI-based MBBS college predictor predicts your chances of getting an MBBS seat in Karnataka State Medical colleges in All India Counselling NEET-UG 2023 and Karnataka State Counselling NEET-UG 2023 under various Seat categories like Govt., Management, or NRI Seat. For assessing your chances of getting a seat, the MOKSH Predictor algorithm takes categories/sub-categories or various Quotas into consideration as per Govt. regulations. It also takes into account historical data published by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) or State Dept. responsible for counseling Karnataka Examination Authority (KEA)
During MBBS study, a student realizes the importance of being a specialist. They also understand the competitiveness to secure MD/MS Seat in Govt College. If we look at the success ratio to get PG in Govt Medical College which is 11% Broadly we can say that only 1 out of 10 will get PG Seat whereas the chances of getting a Clinical specialty is 1 out of 20 applicants. It is obvious that the PG journey is going to be very difficult or else students should have enough money to get the paid seat in Pvt Medical College which may be in Crores!
Total Applicants NEET PG 2021
Govt Med College
Pvt Med College
MD (Non Clinical)
Do you feel early preparation and the right mentorship will pave your dream of becoming a specialist?
NMC already notified the introduction of the NEXT Exam in India from 2023. This exam will replace all Medical PG exams in India. The exam will be conducted in two parts NEXT-1 and NEXT-2. The Objective of the NEXT-1 is to assess the Student’s Knowledge of Pre, Para, and Clinical Subjects on the National Level. Only post-qualifying of NEXT-1 any Medical student will be eligible for an Internship. Post completion of the internship Students needs to go thru NEXT-2 which will assess their Clinical skills, Patient Management, and Keeping of Medical history. Those who will clear NEXT-2 are awarded a license to practice and Rankers of NEXT-1 will get PG seats of their choice. You may refer to Page for detailed information on the Next Exam.
We are well aware of the difficulty of getting a PG in India. With the introduction of NEXT, maximum students in India are getting attracted to USMLE prep from 1st year of MBBS since it simulates the new NMC Competency-based curriculum much more easily. US Healthcare system is considered one of the best health care systems because of numerous reasons like High rewards, excellent infrastructure, Merit-based assessment, Open opportunities for Super specialties. Most of the countries trying to replicate the US health care assessment system for their Medical Graduates USMLE exam are divided into 3 Parts. One can appear in USMLE Step 1 after 2nd Year, USMLE Step 2 CK during an internship, and Step-3 during your residency (Medical PG). The USMLE is an online exam and can be taken at the PROMETRIC centers present across India.
MOKSH Coaching focuses on a patient-centered learning approach which helps students score high on both USMLE & NEXT. MOKSH is the leading name in USMLE Coaching. Currently, 1000+ Students from Indian and Abroad medical colleges are preparing for USMLE steps via the MOKSH Platform.
Till 2024, the Professional & Linguistic Assessments Board Test (PLAB test) is the instrument to assess the skills and knowledge of an International Medical Graduate. It also judges whether she is fit to be trained to practice medicine in the UK.
In short, an IMG's performance in PLAB determines her eligibility to practice in the UK.The PLAB test has two stages. PLAB 1 is an exam that has 180 MCQs that tests your recall. On the other hand, PLAB 2 is a practical OSCE (Objective Structured Clinical Exam) that tests your clinical skills.
The GMC ascertains your linguistic skills by assessing your score in specific tests. It may be the IELTS (Band Score 7.0 or higher) or OET (Grade B in reading, writing, listening & speaking).
After you pass PLAB 1 & 2, you apply for the GP registration. There is one constraint. You have a window of 2 years after clearing PLAB 2 during which you may apply no later.
By 2024, the UK Medical Licensing Assessment will replace the PLAB. The COVID pandemic has resulted in a major change that has affected life everywhere and at every level.
Especially the healthcare sector has faced unprecedented pressure. Consequently, the GMC UK is going to change certain things in PLAB and create the UKMLA exam.
PG in Germany after MBBS in India is another great option, though it requires you to learn the German language. Of the 6 levels starting from A1 to C2, you need to clear A1 and A2 which would qualify you to apply for the visa.
Once the Language formalities are done, you get into the phase where you do Observer-ship from a German hospital approved by the German Medical Council. This is followed by Residency.
This may sound simple here but the process is quite complicated. To know more about PG in Germany after your MBBS in India,