Life in Croatia
Croatia is officially known as the Republic of Croatia, located in Central and Southeast Europe. It shares an oceanic boundary with Italy to the west and borders Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bosnia, and Herzegovina. With twenty counties, Zagreb, the capital and largest city of Croatia, serves as one of the country's main subdivisions. Little about 3.9 million people are living in this 56,594 square kilometer (21,851 square miles) nation.
Climate of Croatia
During winters the temperature in Croatia usually ranges from -3 to -7? whereas in summers it hits 18 to 24?. The climate of the country is the moderately warm and rainy season; whereas, the coldest parts of Croatia are Lika and Gorski Kotar with a hint of snowy climate. The Adriatic coast (borders Croatia) is the warmest area, as it has a moderately high temperature.
Study in Croatia
Thinking why to Study in Croatia?
Croatia has become the most searched country by students. Indeed it is the most attractive destination for attaining high-standard education. Latvian Universities comprise an excellent set of teaching faculties and supreme Infrastructure.
Croatia has over 130+ higher education institutes. Despite being a relatively small sized-nation, its natives enjoy a cohesive community. As per the survey made by the European Commission (2005), 49% of Croatians converse in English.
Croatia’s largest university – the University of Zagreb is the oldest and most famous university which was established in the year 1669. The University of Zagreb country ranking 1st while the University of Zagreb world ranking is 573rd place.
To end with, the potential students who do not speak Croatian also enjoy a wide variety of degree/exchange programs while studying at higher education institutions throughout Croatia.
Many Croatian higher education institutions offer English taught degree-programs or courses for international students.
Advantage of Studying In Croatia
Are you planning to Study in Croatia?
But don’t know what the advantages of studying in the country are? The reasons for it are:
- Studying in Croatia equals affordability, here the tuition fee is reasonable.
- About 1600 study programs are presented by Croatian institutions.
- Another plus point is being enrolled in an English taught program; Croatia offers programs that are majorly taught in English.
- Quality of Programs and courses in Croatian Universities are marked by “The Times Higher Education World University Ranking”.
- Additionally, the country’s overall learning environment, Experienced Professors, and Teaching methods are the reason why studying in Croatia is at its peak.
- Acquiring Schengen Visa is a gain, which allows you to travel and work without restrictions.
- Above all, while studying in Croatia, as an International student, you can work part-time jobs, which helps manage additional monthly expenses.
Besides this, when moving out of your country, safety is the core consent for parents and students. Yes, Croatia is a safe country to live in. After all, security within the country of study is one of the things which make it an ideal place.
Medium of Instruction in Croatia
More than 40+ Colleges offer Bachelor's and Master's degree programs that are taught in the English language. Universities in Croatia mainly focus on the skills development of international students by providing easy education.
Popular Programs in Croatia
- Management Programs in Croatia– Croatia houses some of the top ranking universities, for instance, the Zagreb School of Economics and Management, & the University of Split—Faculty of Economics, Business and Tourism, etc. Some of the preferred Management programs in Croatia include Administrative Management, Business Statistics, Management services, and so on.
- Engineering Programs in Croatia–The Engineering institutions include the University of Zagreb (368th Ranking), University of Rijeka (499th Ranking), University of Split (502nd Ranking), etc. Certain study programs in the stream of engineering like Aeronautical, Aerospace, Automotive, Biochemical, Computer, and Chemical engineering, etc. are offered to the students.
- Hospitality and Tourism Programs in Croatia– Croatia houses one of the best universities that offer Tourism and Hospitality Management programs. International students can grab the opportunity to build up their practical skills and to work in a multicultural environment, which has become essential in today's time.
Popular Universities in Croatia
|Hospitality & Tourism
|University of Zagreb
Croatia presents two admissions intakes for International students. However, students need to keep in mind that the application deadline ends half a month sooner. If you are looking to enroll in the program you must begin with the application procedure before due time. And, hence, it will ensure to keep away from possible issues at the very last moment. Nonetheless, the confirmation for enrolling may differ from university to university.
|Last Date to Apply
|1st June 2023
|15th Nov 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Admission
For admission to Croatian universities, the candidate must meet the requirements stated below-
- A minimum score is 55% and above in the 10+2 Standard.
- The student should have attained 18 years of age or above.
- Any English proficiency tests like IELTS or TOEFL are not mandatory.
- Eligibility criteria may differ from university to university or any of the additional qualifications may be needed as per the program selection.
For admission to Croatian Universities, the students are required to submit the following documents-
- School Leaving Certificate
- Passport or ID card (with validity to the duration of your stay)
- Passport-sized photographs
- An essay or a letter of motivation (if asked by the university)
- Proof of language proficiency (in the English language).
- Registration fee.
Study in Croatia at the cost of India
Studying in Croatia opens doors to ample opportunities. However, the very first thing student should know is how to manage their finances if they are planning to study Abroad. The average cost of education for international students would be around 10,000 EUR to 15,000 for the entire Hospitality and Tourism Management course. Whereas, the total cost of the Hospitality and Tourism Management course in Top Hotel Management Colleges in India varies between INR 60,000 – 3,00,000 Lac.
And hence, studying in Croatia is comparatively lesser than in India. Indeed, studying Management at a top-ranking university in Croatia adds global work experience and skills development.
Scholarship in Croatia
The Republic of Croatia presents plenty of scholarships available for exchange or degree-level students. These scholarships operate through bilateral agreements with partner universities, and also through programs such as CEEPUS and Erasmus+.
The Scholarship is provided by the Central State Office only for Croatian Students living in the heritage of Croatia. About 1,000 students were able to gain Scholarships in the academic year 2021/2022. Each year students are awarded a scholarship that is for 10 months duration. However, students who are enrolled in a university for a full-time program are only eligible for the scholarship.
Hostel or Accommodation in Croatia
Accommodation for International students may be a difficult task as they might need to contact the International Cooperation first. The affordable type of accommodation in Croatia is a public student dormitory. Unfortunately, as the availability of the housing capacity is less dormitory for International or Non-International becomes very difficult.
Usually, sharing a single room is done between two students. The cost of a single dormitory varies from around 200-800 Kn per month in Indian cost it would be 2100-8500 per month.
Cost of living in Croatia
As an understudy, it's critical to contemplate what sort of facilities you will have, how much going you mean to do, and regardless of whether you intend to work part-time. Residing costs in Croatia can go somewhere in the range of 400 and 700 EUR each month relying upon the location you pick to reside. This total cost of living will be adequate to cover food, dwelling, utilities, books, transportation, and incidental costs.
Indian Students in Croatia
Croatia has become a willing study destination for International students. The reason which makes students move to Croatia is the affordable living. In addition, Croatia offers its rich culture, high-quality education, and standard of living. Overall 75,000 students are currently enrolled in the region of the South-Eastern part of Croatia
Part-Time Jobs for Indian Students
While studying abroad students usually plan to get a part-time job. As per the Law of the European Union, an International student is allowed to carry out a part-time job for 20 hours and a full-time job for 40 hours per week. The students can earn up to 6-15 Euros per hour depending on the job role which is about 400 -600 Euros per month. Nonetheless, this amount is good enough to meet your monthly expenses during your studies in Croatia. Generally, students can find part-time jobs in restaurants, hotels, sports companies, and organizations.
Visa Processing in Croatia
The Student Visa Processing time for Croatia is 4-6 weeks from the day of applying at the Embassy. If in case the, additional documentation is not placed the processing of the visa timing may get extended.
Post Study or Temporary Residence Permit
Planning to stay back in Croatia after higher education? An International student can stay back in Croatia post-study. All you need is a student temporary residence permit. Any International student who wishes to stay in Croatia after graduating can apply for a temporary residence permit. This permit enables the student to stay in Croatia for one year after completion of graduation (Bachelor's/Master's/Ph.D. studies) and start working immediately after finding a job.
In Croatia, the registration process for the residence permit takes up to 5 business days. Note that, the application for the Temporary Residence Permit has to be submitted along with the supporting documents. Besides, you can even get your hands on a residence permit with a validity of one year or five years.
Studying in Abroad many students want to earn while doing their studies for their living. However, students have the right to earn while building their careers. But the job opportunities are not more than a delivery boy or street food waiter. Likewise, the students have an opportunity to stay in Croatia for more than 15 months to look for a job. In addition, students have a degree validation in 26+ countries where students complete their studies and look for a new country for job opportunities. The currency of Croatia is Euros (EUR). (1 EUR = ~80 Indian Rupees)
|Popular Job Roles in Croatia
|Average Salaries (Per Year)
|Allied Healthcare Professional
|Finance / Investment / Accounting Manager
|Hospitality / Tourism