About Czech Republic
The Czech Republic has the distinction of featuring among the safest countries for international students. The country has had a great standard of education for a long time now. Charles University in the Czech Republic is the oldest in Central Europe (675years) and is just one of many.
The Czech Republic may not be a large country area-wise, but it has a tremendous historical and cultural heritage. Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic, ranks among the top tourist destinations, parallel to Paris and Rome. The cultural exposure you get in the Czech Republic is immense and ever-lasting.
1.05 Crores (Est. 2021)
Language of instruction:
Czech crown (koruna) (denoted by CZK)
1 CZK equals ~3.50 Indian Rupee
MBBS in Czech Republic for Indian students
The Czech Republic is an attractive option because of certain attributes, like:
- The medical universities in the Czech Republic have almost every accreditation that matters.
- The erstwhile MCI, WHO, ECFMG, WFME, FAIMER, etc. all recognise the medical colleges in the Czech Republic.
- The living conditions in the Czech Republic are safe and good.
- The standard of medical education in the country is on par with the best available options.
- The friendly and welcoming native crowd is another factor that is approved by students and their parents.
Duration of MBBS in Czech Republic
The Czech Republic offers 6 Years of MBBS, which is termed MD here. The duration of MBBS/MD in all European universities is 6 years. This uniformity is due to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS) prevailing in Europe.
Above all, the final year is based on the clinical rotation of the students in the top hospitals in the country affiliated with the universities. Luckily, the entire MBBS program in the Czech Republic is divided into 12 semesters.
Medical Universities in the Czech Republic
The below table contains the list of medical universities in the Czech Republic as per the WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Sciences).
|Medium of Instruction (as per WDOMS)
|Charles University Faculty of General Medicine
|Charles University Faculty of Pediatrics
|Charles University 3rd Faculty of Medicine
|University of Defence Faculty of Military Health Sciences
|Charles University Faculty of Medicine in Hradec Kralove
|Charles University Plzen
|Masaryk University Faculty of Medicine
|Palacký University, Olomouc
As you can see the names of the medical universities in the Czech Republic are confusing. You will need the guidance of Moksh to get admission in universities that have English as the medium of instruction,
Why study MBBS in Czech Republic?
There are many reasons for choosing the MBBS in Czech Republic in 2024 as your study abroad destination:
- Many of the medical universities here are very old and this ensures that the quality of academics is time tested and good.
- As stated earlier, medical universities have all accreditations.
- The subjects are taught in English at the universities Moksh sends you to.
- You can choose to work in any European Union member country when you have a medical degree from the Czech Republic.
- Cultural exposure is very significant.