What Is NEET UG 2017 Exam:
The NEET 2017 (National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test) is basically an entrance exam conducted by CBSE in India. This exam is given by the candidates who wish to study medical program such as MBBS, dental courses for BDS. The NEET UG is a common entrance test for private and government medical colleges in India. NEET (UG) for MBBS and BDS courses is organized by the CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education). NEET-UG 2017 has replaced the AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test) from 2017. All other individual MBBS exams organized by states or colleges themselves are also not allowed. The postgraduate course leading to MD/MS is named as NEET-PG.
SPECIAL MEDICAL INSTITUTIONS: UG (undergraduate) courses at the AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences) in New Delhi, is exempted from the NEET’s purview. This institute was founded under a separate law.
NEET 2017 Exam Dates:
The notification for date schedule is released Jan, 2017. Candidates are suggested to stay tuned with us for latest updates about NEET exam. The candidates are suggested to stay tuned with us for latest updates about NEET exam.
|NEET 2017 Application Form available||January 12, 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (without late fee)||January 23, 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (without late fee)||Second week of January 2017|
|Last date to submit the application form (with late fee)||Last week of January 2017|
|Receipt of confirmation page in CBSE (with late fee)||First week of February 2017|
|Admit Card Release Date||First week of April 2017|
|NEET 2017 Exam Date||First week of May 2017|
|Result Declared||First week of June 2017|
|NEET Counselling||After Result Announcement|
NEET Exam Pattern: The examination will be held on the first week of May 2017. The exam pattern is given below:
- NEET exam is conducted for MBBS/BDS courses.
- The question paper will contain total 180 MCQ (multiple choice questions) with single correct answer.
- The NEET questions paper will be based on subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- The language of question paper will be both – English or Hindi.
- The exam will be conducted in pen and paper based (offline mode).
- The exam duration will of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
|Section||No. of Question||Marks|
NEET 2017 Syllabus.
The NEET 2017 syllabus is prescribed by MCI - Medical Council of India. The syllabus will be based on Class 11th & Class 12th subjects, chapters & topics. The NEET syllabus will consist of four subjects - Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany. The NEET syllabus is prepared after reviewing various state syllabi. It is finalized by the Council Board of School Education (COBSE), Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) National Council of Education Research and Training (NCERT). The NEET 2017 syllabus is as below:
Class XI: Physical world and measurement, Laws of Motion, Kinematics, Work, Energy and Power, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body, Gravitation, Properties of Bulk Matter, Thermodynamics, Behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Oscillations and Waves. Class XII: Electrostatics, Current Electricity, Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents, Electromagnetic Waves, Optics, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Atoms and Nuclei, Electronic Devices.
Class XI: Some Basic Concepts of Chemistry, Structure of Atom, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, States of Matter: Gases and Liquids, Thermodynamics, Equilibrium, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, s-Block Element (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some p-Block Elements, Organic Chemistry-Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry. Class XII: Solid State, Solutions, Electrochemistry, Chemical Kinetics, Surface Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, p-Block Elements, d and f Block Elements, Coordination Compounds, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids, Organic Compounds Containing Nitrogen, Biomolecules, Polymers, Chemistry in Everyday Life.
Class XI: Diversity in Living World, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human physiology. Class XII: Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and Its Applications, Ecology, and Environment.
NEET Admit Card.
NEET Admit card will be available on the official website of AIPMT . The student is can download NEET 2017 Admit Card from the official website only. The hall ticket will be available in online mode only. Applicants must keep the hall ticket ready with themselves right till the counseling sessions are completed. The hall ticket specifies applicant’s name, date of birth, site, and address of the examination center, roll number, photograph, signature and more etc. The hall ticket is the most important document as it verifies the identity of the appearing applicants. Applicants those who failed to bring the hall ticket at the time of examination will not be allowed to appear for the examination.
NEET 2017 Admit Card Details:
The NEET admit card contains the following details. Applicants need to confirm to avoid any trouble in future.
- Name of the Applicant
- Name of applicant father
- Roll Number as allocated to the candidate
- Gender of the candidate
- Category/ Sub-category to which he/ she belongs
- Date of birth, as submitted by the candidate
- Language in which applicant selected to write the paper
- Details of exam center and schedule
- Applicants photograph and signature
- Few general instructions
Steps To Download The NEET 2017 Admit Card:
- Go to the official website of NEET i.e. aipmt.nic.in
- Click on the link “NEET Admit Card”
- Following which the screen should appear where applicants need to enter their registration number, date of birth, password and click on “Submit” button.
- The admit card will be available on the screen. The applicant needs to save it and take the print out of the admit card.
NEET 2017 Admit Card Important Information:
- The students should several copies of the NEET 2017 admit card to safeguard interest.
- Applicants need to paste the passport size photograph on the downloaded admit card. You should get it attested by any Gazetted Officer/Head of your college / high school.
- The student has to mention the Name, Application Number and Roll Number for verification.
- Applicants need to carry one passport size photograph for the attendance sheet.
- Applicants must bring both the photos with their admit card on exam day. The applicant would not be able to sit for the examination without this.
NEET 2017 Cut Off:
NEET Cut-off marks will be based on different factors such as the number of candidates appeared in the entrance exam, availability of seats & the difficulty level of examination. On the basis of cut-off marks, the merit list is announced. The NEET Counselling will be as per Merit List. The minimum qualifying marks are 50% in the case of general category, 45% marks in case of GEN – PH, 40% marks in case of other categories. In this table, we are providing category wise passing marks:
|Category||Qualifying Marks out of 720|
|UR – PH||324|
|OBC/SC/ST – PH||288|
NEET Previous year Cut-Off Score Here, we have mentioned the previous year cut-off score of NEET exam.
|UR – PH||449-324|
|OBC – PH||322-312|
|SC – PH||315-302|
|ST – PH||NA|
What If You Did Not Qualify Or Got MBBS Seat Through NEET 2017?
NEET 2017 is highly competitive exam wherein more than 7 Lacs+ students compete for just 50,000 medical seats. Out of the available medical seats, only 50% are in government medical colleges. Further 50% is for the Quota category. Accordingly, if you did not get a government medical seat in NEET 2017 via merit, your next option is to take an expensive private medical college seat. However, if your budget is in the range of Rs. 15 to 40 Lacs, it is better to look for overseas MBBS programs. MCI (Medical Council of India) provides the last option of MBBS abroad. NEET 2017 SEAT RESERVATION / QUOTA RULES: Seat reservation for different categories is as follows:
|SC (Schedule Caste)||15%|
|ST (Schedule Tribe)||7.5%|
|Physically Handicapped (PH)||3% seats (on horizontal basis)|
NEET Medical Entrance Exam Entrance Exams - Preparation Tips.
NEET 2017 Preparation Tips:
- Cover all the topics in the syllabus, without missing even a single chapter. Keep revising all lessons at regular intervals of time.
- Develop a strong base in fundamental subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, and Physics.
- First of all, finish your NCERT books, as they will help in creating your base. Try to cover the entire 11th and 12th NCERT syllabus for your exam.
- Try solving previous year papers. This will give you an idea about the type and format of NEET exam.
- Try to bifurcate your time equally among all subjects. Instead of focusing on a single subject, try to prepare all subjects in a methodical manner. Decide a time limit and try to finish all your subjects before that time.
- Keep practicing unless you perfectly answer all questions while solving practice tests, mock tests or previous year’s papers. Analyze where you make mistakes, and try to avoid them the next time.
During The Exam.
- There are 200 questions in the NEET exam, and you have to complete all of them in 180 minutes. So, if you find any question difficult, do not waste 2-3 minutes on it. Understand that missed questions are a routine part of any examination. Also, you should not panic if you missed some.
- Speed during the exam matters a lot. Hence, try to complete your test at least 5-10 minutes before the time limit. This will give you some time to revise the paper and answer any questions that you missed due to hurry. Thoroughly, go through your paper before submitting it to the invigilator.
- Another important thing you need to keep in mind is negative marking done in NEET exam. For each wrong answer, they deduct 1/3rd of your total mark. So, it is better to no answer the question, rather than answering it wrong.
- While preparing for the NEET exam, try to keep your mind free of tension and confusion. Try to practice with a positive frame of mind and a positive attitude. Confidence is the first step to success.
- Try to keep some free time for yourself so that you can relax your mind and refresh your mood. This will significantly help in increasing your learning ability.
- Do not disturb your sleep cycle to make up for the lost time. This will do nothing good, but will not upset your entire body clock. So, do not deprive your body of the relaxation content it needs to have.
- Never lose heart. The final NEET paper may not match up to your preparations. Do not decide to just give up. Invest all your energy and acumen to make most out of it.
Last Minute Tips:
Prepare A Time Table For Yourself.
As already said NEET is hard to crack, so you have to put in that extra effort. Making a timetable will make it easy for you to prepare better. Plan things like:
- when to study.
- what to study.
- which topics are important.
- most importantly when to eat.
- sleep to de-stress yourself.
Revision For NEET Exam
Revising chapter multiple times will help you to remember better, so revision is a must. Start revising with the most important chapter and then go accordingly. Try to cover the whole syllabus to score well.
It’s very important to solve test papers. The previous year’s question papers and take an online mock test to get a clear idea about question pattern. It also gives you a better idea about your strength and weakness. Testing yourself will surely prepare you to get ready for the final battle.
AVoid Starting Any New Topics.
If you are not ready with any topic, avoid starting something new at the last moment. It will cause more confusion. So it’s better to revise and focus topics on which you are confident.
Don’t Miss Out Important Topics.
Biology carries 50 percent marks, therefore spend more time on revising it. So revise important topics like anatomy, morphology, diagrams, scientist and their achievements. For the subject of Physics, make sure to prepare formulae, measurement, physical law and application of physics in technology. For Chemistry the formulae of important chemicals, physical chemicals, chemical composition to be ready. Furthermore, the reaction, minerals combination law, abstraction of atoms, molecules and atom masses needs to be ready for revising.
Always remember every student’s merit is not the same. It is better to improve your own preparation and concentrate on that. Comparison demotivates you. So avoid asking your friends about their preparation.
YOur Mobile Phone Distracts You.
The Mobile phone can distract you when you studying. It is very important to switch it off while you are concentrating on your revision.
To update your knowledge about current affairs, watch news channel for at least an hour a day. This will help you to take a break from study and increase your general knowledge too.
Study Smart, Not Hard.
Finally, when exams are just around the corner, choose the smart way to study. Summaries important points. Reading the whole book will be wastage time. Don’t study for 24hrs, study 8-12 hrs and put 110% within that time. Writing once is equal to reading 5 times. So write when you are revising. Adopt the smart way to save time and energy and also prepare better.
Relax During Preparation.
Stress is killing. The expectations from you are too big to handle. But you need to relax and try not to think too much about this aspect. Study hard but do give break to yourself. Moreover, by not focusing on imbalanced diet and lesser sleep will make you fall sick. Avoid junk food for a year. It is important to eat home cooked food to keep yourself healthy. Stay positive and believe in yourself.
NEET 2017 Medical Entrance Exam Entrance Exams - Merit List.
The exam conducting authority will prepare All India Merit List of successful candidates. The merit list is on the basis of the eligibility criteria & marks scored in the NEET examination. The merit list is declared after the NEET result declaration. Under 15% all-India quota, the merit list will be equal to the availability of seats for allotment in MBBS/BDS program. List of successful candidates is shared with the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for the online counseling procedure.
Inter-se-merit Of The Candidate For Tie-breaking.
What happens when multiple candidates obtain equal marks in NEET 2017? Accordingly, the inter-se-merit of such candidates is in the order of preference as follows:
- Candidates obtaining higher marks in Biology (Botany & Zoology) in NEET 2017.
- The student obtaining higher marks in Chemistry in NEET exam.
- Candidates with less number of attempted wrong answer in all the subject in the NEET UG 2017.
- The older student would get preference.
Merit List For Seats Other Than 15% All India Quota.
CBSE will provide All India Rank. Admitting Authorities will invite applications for counseling. The merit list is declared on All India Rank by the Admitting Authorities as per the rules. The list of successful candidates of NEET registered for AFMC is forwarded to the DG - (AFMC), Ministry of Defence. There would be second stage screening and counseling. The student is to register at www.afmcdg1d.gov.in for the same.
Plan B For Your Dream Career.
Since the competition is very high, the students may keep their PLAN B ready. Hence, the alternative mode of doing MBBS abroad wherein the Medical Seat is available with a guarantee of admission. Moreover, you can understand your options for expensive MBBS in private medical Colleges clearly. This saves almost a year for many students since 30% of the students repeat NEET every year. Accordingly, learn more on this option of Overseas MBBS / MBBS in Abroad. It may be surprising to note that Indian private medical colleges would cost you as much as doing Medicine in USA right up to PG! Reference: AIPMT MCI. Webinar on MBBS in India. http://www.afmcdg1d.gov.in/