Talking about MBBS in Andaman and Nicobar Islands, there are a total of 100 MBBS seats. The college name is ‘Andaman and Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences (ANIIMS)’ situated in the capital city of Port Blair. It is a government, a non-profitable institution. The college is affiliated with Pondicherry University. ANIIMS Port Blair was established in the year 2015.
1. Fees, Seats - Govt Medical Colleges
2. NEET UG Counseling Process
3. Important Dates NEET 2022
4. Predict Your Chance for MBBS Seat
5. Medical PG or NEXT
6. Medical PG in USA (USMLE)
7. Medical PG in Germany
8. Complete details of all Govt Medical college in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Fees & Seats - Govt Medical Colleges
Below is the table mentioning details of ANIIMS Port Blair including Andaman and Nicobar medical college fee structure, Andaman and Nicobar Islands MBBS cutoff 2022.
|Medical College in Andaman and Nicobar Islands|
|Sr. No.||Name of
|Year of Inception of College||Annual Intake (Seats)||Total Course fee
|Cut off(State Counseling)||Cut off
(All India counseling)
|1||Andaman and Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences||2015||100||6 Lacs||551||619|
Andaman and Nicobar Islands NEET-UG 2022 Counseling Process
- The Counseling Process for ANIIMS, Port Blair is monitored by Medical Counselling Committee (MCC), which is the administrative body, which is going to conduct Andaman and Nicobar Islands MBBS counseling 2022.
- The admission is given on the basis of marks scored in NEET exam.
- The counseling sessions are always held after the declaration of state merit list.
- The Andaman and Nicobar Islands NEET counseling 2022 is supposed to be held in online mode.
- Candidates are expected to clear the Andaman and Nicobar Islands NEET cutoff 2022, in order to get placed in ANIIMS.
- There are supposedly 2 main counseling rounds, and an obvious mop up round, that is; if needed.
- Students, who will be allotted seats, will need to report to Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) to verify their documents.
- In second round, no provision for free exit will be given. That is, if the candidate leaves during the second counseling, her/his counseling will not be refunded.
Those who qualified NEET are eligible to apply in both the counseling processes. Please refer the table below to find Cut off marks for each category.
|Category||Cutoff Percentile||2020 ( Actual)||2021 ( Actual)||2022( Actual)|
|General (PwD)||45th percentile||129||122||105|
|SC/ST/OBC (PwD)||40th percentile||113||108||93|
Seat allocation is being done in multiple phases both in All India counseling and State counseling of Andaman and Nicobar Islands. This is because, many seats become vacant due to withdrawal of seats by the students for not getting college of their choice, not able to arrange the funds for fees, Lack of proof of their category under which they applied etc. Once the dates for reporting to the college/ Fee deposits/Submitting documents is passed all such seats made available for the next rounds. In the below table, you can find the details for counseling rounds in All India and State counseling followed for MBBS Seat Allocation-
|Counselling Round||All India Counselling||State Counselling||All India & State 2022|
|Round-1||Feb 2022||Feb 2022||To be Announced|
|Round-2||Feb 2022||Feb 2022||To be Announced|
|Mop Up Round||NA||Feb 2022||To be Announced|
|Stray Round||NA||Mar 2022||To be Announced|
The Andaman & Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences (ANIIMS), Port Blair, Prepares and publish the State Merit list of under each category. Students can assess their chance to get college of their choice based on previous year’s Cut offs of that college. If you want to be sure about the chances it is recommended to use MOKSH College Predictor which utilizes Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning technology. Also, this college predictor will give you an idea and will predict the college possible for you based on your current NEET Ranking, Reservation category and Other Quotas applicable for you.
The eligibility criteria for MBBS in Andaman and Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences are stated here in the following;
- Your age must be atleast 17
- You need to qualify NEET
- 10+2 with minimum 50% if you are unreserved, and 40% if you belong to reserved category (SC, ST, OBC) in PCB recognised by a board.
- Physics, Chemistry, English and Biology must be included in your core subjects.
The application process for MBBS in ANIIMS goes like the following;
- Visit the official website of Medical Counsel Committee (MCC), Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- After landing on the website of MCC, you need to fill the Andaman and Nicobar Islands admission online application
- The first set of details always include the candidates’ personal details such as name, father’s name, and mother’s name, date of birth, etc.
- After filing the form, you will be needed to fill your contact details, through which you will get the notifications on any kind of development in Andaman and Nicobar MBBS counselling
- An OTP will be sent to you on the registered mobile number. The OTP will help you set up your new password.
- After filling the information correctly, you will be needed to fill the information about your domicile, category and academic details, such as marks obtained in 12th grade, subject studies, etc.
- While filling the information, do not forget to save the details you filled.
- Fill the information cautiously, and head towards uploading the documents.
- The final step is to pay a certain amount that goes towards Andaman and Nicobar Islands MBBS admission form fee. The total amount that is needed to be paid is INR 1000/-.
- Lastly, take a printout of the registration receipt of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands MBBS admission form and keep it for the future reference.
Documents required for MBBS in ANIIMS are given below. Please follow the guidelines below:
- 10th and 12th standard certificate
- 10th and 12th standard mark sheet
- NEET hall ticket
- NEET Score card
- Birth certificate
- Identity proof (Aadhaar card, Driving License, Passport, Voter ID)
- 10 Passport sized photographs (The photograph must be the same as those used in the NEET application form and hall ticket)
- Fee payment receipt
- Printout of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands MBBS admission form.
Documents that are subject to applicability –
- Reservation category certificate
- Domicile certificate
- PWD (Persons with Disability) certificate
- Gap period affidavit
- Income certificate
Andaman and Nicobar MBBS admission seats consists of All India Quota, Economically Weaker Section (EWS) Quota, and Andaman and Nicobar inhabitant reserve seats; which are 15%, 10% and 85% respectively. Under Andaman and Nicobar inhabitant reserved seats, there are several categories that allow other classes a chance to get the admission. Category-I gets 20% of 85 seats, who are the tribal people. Category-II gets 10% of 85 seats, category-III gets 50% of 85 seats, and category-IV gets another 20% of 85 seats to other locals who do not fall under either of the categories above.
NEET-UG Exam dates 2022
The National Testing Agency (NTA) conducted the NEET (UG) 2022 examination on Sunday, 17th July 2022 in pen & paper mode. NEET-2022 Exam was delayed due to the second wave of COVID-19. CBSE announced the 12th Board exams for 2022 in April and May It is expected NTA may conduct NEET-UG 2022 Exams in the month of July’22. If it happens then the NEET result will be declared in the month of Aug. In such a scenario, NEET UG Counseling 2022 will take place in the month of Sept. The examination will serve as a uniform entrance examination for MBBS admission and other streams like BDS/ BAMS/ BSMS/ BUMS/ BHMS and other undergraduate medical courses.
Pl find the tentative date for NEET UG 2022 Exam
3rd Week Aug
|EVENT||Date NEET 2022|
|NEET exam notification||6th April|
|NEET 2022 application form date by NTA||6th April|
|Last date to submit NEET 2022 application form||20th May|
|NEET UG 2022 Admit Card Release Date||1st/2nd Week July|
|NEET 2022 Exam Date||17th July|
|NEET 2022 Result||7th Sept|
|Announcement of Counseling Dates||3rd Week Sept|
|Commencement of All India Counseling||1st Week of Oct|
Your Chance to get a MBBS Seat
The most difficult time for any of the students is to wait after NEET till the counseling process to know whether he/she is getting a college of his/her choice or not? Sometimes this dilemma continues for a couple of months due to multiple rounds of counseling. It has become more difficult due to parallel counseling of All India Quota and various States due to COVID-19. The counseling process is very complex where 550+ Govt. and Private colleges offer 83000+ Seats and fee variation is also huge that ranges from less than 1 Lac to 2.5 Cr for the course.
Dreams shatter when any silly mistake in choice filling or wrong selection of college leads to getting a poorly ranked college. Imagine getting paid seats or no seats at all due to a lack of genuine guidance!
MOKSH AI-based MBBS college predictor predicts your chances of getting an MBBS seat in Andaman and Nicobar Islands State Medical colleges in All India Counseling NEET UG 2022 and Andaman and Nicobar Islands State Counseling NEET-UG 2022 under various Seat categories like Govt., Management or NRI Seat. For assessing your chances of getting a seat, the MOKSH Predictor algorithm takes categories/sub-category or various Quotas into consideration as per Govt. regulations. It also takes into account historical data published by Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) or State Dept. responsible for counseling Andaman & Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences (ANIIMS).
Medical PG in India or NEXT
During MBBS study, a student realizes the importance of being a specialist. They also understand the competitiveness to secure MD/MS Seat in Govt College. If we look at the success ratio to get PG in Govt Medical College which is 11% Broadly we can say that only 1 out of 10 will get PG Seat whereas chances of getting Clinical specialty is 1 out of 20 applicants. It is obvious that the PG journey is going to be very difficult or else students should have enough money to get the paid seat in Pvt Medical College which may be in Crores!
|Total Applicants NEET PG 2022||Specialty||Govt Med
|Pvt Med College|
|MD (Non Clinical)||15K||8.6%||10K|
|MS ( Clinical)||8K||4.6%||5K|
Do you feel early preparation and the right mentorship will pave your dream of becoming a specialist?
NMC already notified the introduction of the NEXT Exam in India from 2023. This exam will replace all Medical PG exams in India. The exam will be conducted in two parts NEXT-1 and NEXT-2. The Objective of the NEXT-1 is to assess the Student’s Knowledge of Pre, Para, and Clinical Subjects on the National Level. Only post-qualifying of NEXT-1 any Medical student will be eligible for an Internship. Post completion of internship Students needs to go thru NEXT-2 which will assess their Clinical skills, Patient Management, and Keeping of Medical history. Those who will be Clear NEXT-2 are awarded a license to practice and Rankers of NEXT-1 will get PG seats of their choice. You may refer to Page for detailed information on the NExT Exam.
Medical PG in USA (USMLE)
We are well aware about difficulty of getting PG in India. With the introduction of NEXT, maximum students in India are getting attracted to USMLE prep from 1st year of MBBS since it simulates the new NMC Competency-based curriculum much easily. US Healthcare system is considered as one of the best health care systems because of numerous reasons like High rewards, excellent infrastructure, Merit-based assessment, Open opportunities for Super specialties. Most of the countries trying to replicate US health care assessment system for their Medical Graduates USMLE exam are divided in 3 Parts. One can appear in USMLE Step 1 after 2nd Year, USMLE Step 2 CK during internship and Step-3 during your residency (Medical PG). The USMLE is an online exam and can be taken at the PROMETRIC centers present across India.
MOKSH Coaching focuses on patient centered learning approach which helps students score high on both USMLE & NEXT. MOKSH is the leading name in USMLE Coaching. Currently, 1000+ Students from Indian and Abroad medical colleges are preparing for USMLE steps via MOKSH Platform.
Medical PG in Germany
PG in Germany after MBBS in India is another great option, though it requires you to learn the German language. Of the 6 levels starting from A1 to C2, you need to clear A1 and A2 that would qualify you to apply for the visa.
Once the Language formalities are done, you get into the phase where you do Observer-ship from a German hospital approved by the German Medical Council. This is followed by Residency.
This may sound simple here but the process is quite complicated. To know more about PG in Germany after your MBBS in India
Details of all Govt Medical college in Andaman and Nicobar Islands
You can find complete information about any Govt college of Andaman and Nicobar Islands by clicking on the respective college in the table below
|Govt Medical College|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands Institute of Medical Sciences|