What is NMAT Test?
NMAT Exam stands for National Medical Admission test. Most importantly, it is conducted to higher the standards of selection of those applicants who wish to seek admission in the medical schools of Philippines. So, NMAT occurs twice a year, generally in the month of March and October.
Overview of the NMAT Exam
Firstly, the NMAT exam is bifurcated into NMAT Part 1 and NMAT Part 2. Further, the NMAT Part 1 contains the mental ability test whereas the NMAT Part 2 analyzes the academic proficiency of applicants.
In addition, the NMAT Part 1 includes 4 sub-tests that quantifies the aptitudes which act as a major link with the academic efficiency of the medical aspirants. So, four sub-tests of NMAT part 1 are:
- Verbal Sub-test of NMAT: To clarify, it mainly consists of 2 reading comprehension passages and word analogies. That is to say, these two items mainly determine the inferential, verbal reasoning and analytical abilities of medical students.
- Inductive reasoning sub-test of NMAT: Certainly, this section comprises of letters, numbers, and a figurative series of grouping items. And, the purpose is to measure the induction (a reason that is present when there is lack of complete information). Most importantly, this sub-test of NMAT is all about recognizing the ability to perceive relationship with the stimuli and draw a logical result out of it.
- Quantitative sub-test of NMAT: To sum up, this sub-test contains 3 major items, i.e. problem solving, the fundamental operations and data interpretation. In short, intention is to figure out the ability to organize and apply knowledge of basic mathematics, measure general reasoning and find relevant solutions for the same.
- Perceptual acuity sub-test of NMAT: Further, this sub-test has 3 main elements, namely the mirror image, hidden figure and identical information. In other words, these are the more of complicated tasks by distraction. So, the solution can only be drawn out by concentrating on relevant details, visualization and analyzing relationships.
In addition, the common factor amongst all 4 sub-tests of NMAT Part 1 is 40 items. However, the time duration differs. Therefore, below is a reference table for the same.
|Sub-test||Focus area||Duration(in minutes)|
1. The verbal sub-test
Reading comprehension and analogies
2. The inductive reasoning
Grouping figures, Figure series, letter series and number
3. The quantitative sub-test
Problem solving, Fundamental operation and data interpretation
4. The perceptual acuity
Mirror image, hidden figure and identical information
Most importantly, the time limit is 3 hours.
Secondly, the NMAT Part 2 also has 4 sub-tests i.e. the Biology, Social science, Physics and Chemistry. Furthermore, the stream of social science involves anthropology, psychology and sociology. However, these items are only confined to the extent of common factors and are basic to the curricula of college introductory courses. Certainly, the degree programs are considered to be same as the pre medical courses.
However, the aim of this part is to utilize the cognitive skills to their fullest. And, there are 50 items in all 4 subsets of NMAT part 2.
To sum up, here is a table to get a glimpse of what actually the NMAT Part 2 analyzes:
Most importantly, the time limit is 2 hours 30 minutes at max.
What about the NMAT test scores?
Subsequently, comes the scoring!
- Firstly, the distribution of NMAT scores is quite different for both of the parts.
- Secondly, for NMAT Part 1, the sub-test scores are called APT (a composite score).
- And, for NMAT Part 2, the composite score is called SA.
- However, a full composite score derived from all 8 sub-tests is known as GPS (the general performance score).
- Each NMAT sub-test given a standard score “SS”.
The range of SS is between 200-80O whereas the NMAT is GPS reported with PR (percentile rank) that lies between 1- to 99+.
Make it a point that there is no scope of rechecking as the CEM does not entertain in any circumstance.
What the required documents for NMAT?
First of all, mail a scanned copy, in pdf format, of all documents mentioned below. You strongly recommended to do this before the closing date of registration. Just in case, if there is any delay in submission, send an email.
- Transcripts of 10 and 10+2.
- Graduation certificate.
- Enrollment certificate or your registration form.
- Verified and original copy of your grades obtained.
Note: All of these are to be duly scanned and are not to be collected on the test day by the authorities.
Cancellation policy of NMAT
The NMAT exam is cancelled only when it is not administered on the date that was announced. This usually happens because of fortuitous events.
However, there is a postponement which is to be necessarily announced, immediately within a week span.
For more Visit https://www.moksh16.com/usmle-coaching/