What is the USMLE (United State Medical Licensing Examination)?
USMLE exam refers to United State Medical Licensing Examination. USMLE is series of examination to be given by American or IMG Physician in order to get firstly, residency or PG in USA followed by medical license to practise in the respective American state. The USMLE is a three-step examination for medical licenses in the US and is sponsored by the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME).
USMLE exam consists of three steps with four exams designed to assess a physician’s ability to apply a board spectrum of knowledge, concepts, and principles to evaluate the physician’s basic patient-centered skills. The three USMLE Steps are Step 1 , Step 2 CK, Step 2 CS & Step 3. Step 1 & Step 2 CK are online examination can be given in majority of countries globally. Wherein Step 2 CS is practical exam and Step 3 is again online, both of them are to be given in USA.
One of the important factor to know about USMLE Exams is that once the passing score for Step 1 or 2 CK is achieved, you cannot re-sit the exam in order to achieve a higher score. Therefore, it is very important to be prepare to achieve a high score, rest time.
Firstly, the Federation of State Medical Boards (FSMB) and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) work together to co-sponsor the USMLE. United States Medical Licensing Examination assesses a physician's ability to apply knowledge, concepts, principles and to demonstrate fundamental patient-centered skills.
Therefore, that are important in health and disease and that constitute the basis of safe and effective patient care. In conclusion, you have to give United State Medical Licensing Examination at prometric centers
Following Are The Three Steps In The Usmle Exam:
Firstly, the Step 1 exam multiple-choice exam designed to test how well the examinee applies basic and integral science concepts to clinical scenarios. Secondly, step 1 assesses the examinee’s understanding of the ability to apply important concepts of the basic sciences to the practice of medicine, with the special emphasis on principles and mechanisms underlying health, disease, and modes of therapy.
- The minimum score to pass: 194*
- USMLE Exam Format: 280 multiple-choice questions on computer
- USMLE Exam Duration: One-day test session. Total 8 hours
- USMLE Exam Eligibility: Passing Basic medical science in medical school
- Exam Content: Anatomy, Behavioural Science, Biochemistry, Medical Genetics, Microbiology/Immunology, Pathology, Pharmacology, and Physiology
To know more about STEP 1 Click here
The Step 2 assesses the examinee’s ability to apply for instance medical knowledge, skills, and understanding of clinical science essential for the provision of patient care under supervision. However, step 2 involves two Steps.
- USMLE STEP 2 CK: The Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (CK) multiple-choice exam designed to determine whether the examinee possesses the medical knowledge.
- Minimum score to pass: 209*
- USMLE Exam Format: 318 multiple-choice questions on computer
- USMLE Exam Duration: One-day test session. Total 9 hours
- USMLE Exam Eligibility: Passing clinical science in medical school
- Exam content: Internal Medicine, Paediatrics, OB/GYN, Surgery, Neurology, Psychiatry, Clinical Pharmacology
To know more about STEP 2 CK Click here
- STEP 2 CS: The Step 2 Clinical Skills (CS) is a separate “hands-on” exam for instance that tests the examinee’s clinical and communication skills through his/her ability to gather information from standardized patients, perform a physical examination, communication their finding to patients and write a patient note.
- What it tests: Clinical Skills/Doctor–Patient Communication
- Minimum score to pass: NO SCORE--- Pass/Fail
(Must pass Integrated Clinical Encounters, Communication and Interpersonal Skills, and Spoken English Presidency subcomponents)
- USMLE Exam Format: 12 standardized patients (11 scored)
- USMLE Exam Duration: One-day test session. Total 7-8 hours
To know more about STEP 2 CS Click here
Firstly, step 3 assesses the examinee’s ability to apply medical knowledge and understanding skills of Physician who are assuming independent responsibility
- The minimum score to pass: 196*
- USMLE Exam Format:
Day 1: Foundation of Independent Practice (FIP) 233 MCQ
Day 2: Advanced Clinical Medicine (ACM) 180 MCQ +13 CCS
- USMLE Exam Duration: 2 Days
- USMLE Exam Eligibility: ECFMG Certification: MBBS Degree + Pass Score of Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS
To know more about STEP 3 Click here
Moksh Services For Your Guaranteed Pathway To Medical PG In USA
MOKSH preparation course for USMLE is a comprehensive solution of LIVE Sessions, Score Predictor AI Based Technology and exam styled based Question Bank. In addition, it offers you a unique solution by giving you the step by step curriculum covering the entire course. Furthermore, it means that you totally guided about your study plan and schedule. Further, individual students would have an identified mentor monitoring your progress constantly. The huge amount of content, when and what to learn, generally confuses the Students. However, MOKSH students are absolutely clear about their study program. In conclusion, Just follow our pattern of study and get 100% success!
To know more about the USMLE exam preparation subscribe to our YouTube Channel