Basic Steps to Apply for Study in Germany
Basic Steps To Apply For Study In Germany Time Management In Germany
Basic steps to apply for study in Germany abroad involves a variety of aspects which one needs to take care of. Right from choosing a suitable country to shortlisting universities, applying for scholarships, insurance work to finding a good housing and applying for the visa and other documentations is not an easy task and one needs to handle it professionally in the matter of overseas education who can systematically organize the entire process in order to make it a smooth and hassle free journey.
German education gives a top priority to time management during the post admission period. Timely submission of important documents and mark sheets of various entrance exams and financial arrangement is extremely important. Universities abroad and precisely, universities in Germany are very strict in this matter. They do not tolerate any carelessness when it comes to time management. Whether one is going for a complete degree program or just a semester or even for an exchange program, every student must conduct a detailed step by step organisation and planning in time while applying to any of the top universities in Germany.
Basic Steps To Apply For Study In Germany Time Management Tips For Studying In Germany
In order to make this simple, we have designed some basic steps to apply for study in Germany some time management tips to help students manage time optimally. We are dividing this process into two parts-
Basic steps to apply for study in Germany 12-15 months before application are as follows-
- Research on the available opportunities in Germany is the first step. One needs to research well and have enough information about Germany. One must also study its economic and political status. Students must also consider International relations, culture and its people. Good universities in Germany, application process, entrance exams, availability of financial aid, job opportunities, future prospects, language barriers and much more will give the student a clear view of his/her future journey.
- The actual as well as the hidden costs need to be analyzed in detail as financial arrangements take a long period and without which it is not possible to go ahead with the next step. Thus, calculating the total cost of studying in Germany including the tuition fees, living cost, travel cost and other daily costs is necessary well in advance. One also needs to prepare for scholarship exams if any and apply for financial aid according to the time slot allotted by the university.
- Searching and applying for part time internships in various companies in Germany needs to be done a year in advance at least and all the required documents must be submitted to the company in relation with the university that one is applying to. Most of the students earn their own living cost while studying in Germany due to ample employment opportunities and value for novelty and innovative thinking. Thus, one must not miss out on this point and plan it accordingly.
Basic Steps To Apply For Study In Germany Considered 6-8 Months Before Application To German Universities Are As Follows-
- A final decision on the university and his/her subject combinations with suitable specializations (if any) must be done at least 6 months in advance as the further documentation might require information on subjects and university. Also, students must do enough research upon the combination that is being offered, its scope and practical applications beforehand. This will avoid disappointments in the later stage.
- The foreign office of the respective German university must be contacted in order to obtain information on the application process, submission deadlines, payment of fees, program model, start and end of the semester and much more must be completed half a year in advance and one must be in constant touch with the university officials and upcoming university events along with a daily glance at the university web page and new notices posted on it.
- Application for the study program must begin at this stage. The German universities have designed every study program uniquely with a different study model. Thus, the process of admission and application is also different. Students must keep all the necessary documents such as previous mark sheets, certificates, entrance test scores, social work certificates, internship certificates, project letters, recommendations and others ready 6 months in advance for submission according to the date provided.
- Application for housing must be done 7-8 months prior. Whether it is on campus hostel facility or an off campus rental apartment, one must apply and book it before time as it can pose a major problem after arrival. One must know the housing area well. One must consider the safety factors before choosing any apartment. Sharing an apartment with a bunch of friends from the same university is the safest, most famous and convenient option in Germany.
Travel Related Considerations
- Visa application can be troublesome sometimes due to language barriers in Germany. Thus, students must study the visa application process well. One must take Professional help in this matter. Also, it is advisable to learn basic German language before appearing for the visa interview. Students must complete the Visa application 6-7 months in advance to be on a safer side.
- Application for Health insurance and other insurance in Germany must be completed 5-6 months in advance as it can take a long time and it is highly important to have all the insurance documents in hand while arriving at the university. Students must never compromise on the safety and security factors while planning to study abroad.
- All the documents must be checked for the final time 5-6 months prior to the submission deadline and must be kept systematically to avoid any last minute problems as it can lead to a major problem in the admission process leading to rejection sometimes.
Basic Steps To Apply For Studying In Germany With An Efficient Use Of Time
Apart from this, international students need to think and make a day to day plan for themselves. It should involve extracurricular activities. Sports, dance, music or learn German part time, weekend socialization, making new friends, travelling to different German cities and knowing what each one of them has to offer, planning a productive vacation and much more. In simple words, making the best of their stay and Study in Germany. One must use their time abroad efficiently in order to make it a memorable experience especially for those who wish to study in Europe.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission In Germany
If you wish to Study in Germany, “University entrance qualification” is mandatory. This is a kind of School leaving certificate which makes you eligible for enrollment in the German university. If your certificate is considered inadequate then you are supposed to enroll for a foundation course “Studienkolleg”.
To confirm your entrance qualification in Germany, you can take help from DAAD (Database on admission requirement). Enter the name of the country where you received your secondary education certificate then follow these steps:
- Your certificate is acknowledged as qualification for general university admission
- Your certificate is acknowledged only for subject-restricted university admission (i.e. for study in a limited subject area)
- Your certificate is acknowledged only in combination with one or two years of successful university study in your home country your certificate is acknowledged as university entrance qualification aptitude test instead.
If a student belongs to a European country or Iceland than their school leaving certificate is considered in Germany as well. At times it may be possible that certain meritorious students are not required to appear for entrance tests if they apply for artistic subjects.
The next basic steps to apply for study in Germany substitute to check whether you are eligible for admission in a German university is “AusländischeStudierende”. It is basically a test which includes language test and specialist questions relating to your respective filed of subjects.
This test further helps you to choose for a specific subject when you judge yourself with your studies. Once you pass the test with good results, your chances of admission in Germany, automatically increases. The exam fee is 80 euros for all the candidates.
The basic steps to apply for study in Germany process of admission in German Universities depends on two major factors, the subject you chose to study and the country from where you come from. The deadlines vary from university to university and degree to degree.
While students are waking up to the many advantages of pursuing their education from Germany, the eligibility criteria continue to baffle and confuse students. This is primarily because German Universities have multi-level eligibility criteria.
- Find your area of focus and field of study which you wish to pursue in Germany and then wisely chose your German university accordingly.
- Admission requirements:
- Visa and Residence Permit- As an international student you require an entry visa in Germany depending on where you come from and how long you plan to stay here. Before applying for Visa keep the following points in mind:
- Submit your Germany visa application form early enough as it takes time for processing otherwise it might become a difficulty later on.
- Make sure to apply for the correct Visa otherwise with the wrong Visa you will be forced to leave the country at the same point, you enter.
- Schedule your trip to Germany so that you have sufficient time to enroll at your university and take care of the administrative obligations. Enrolment is a prerequisite for obtaining the “residence permit for purposes of study”.
- Make sure your passport is valid for your entire stay! If your passport expires while you are in Germany, you will have to return to your home country and extend the validity of your passport there.
- There are two types of visas:
- Student applicant visa (“Visum zur Studienbewerbung“)
If you have not yet received notification of admission to a university or foundation course, you should apply for a student applicant visa.
This three-month visa allows you to meet the requirements for admission to a German university. If you find that three months is not long enough, you may extend your visa to a maximum of six months. If you are admitted to the university or foundation course within this period, you may apply for a student visa in Germany.
- Student visa in Germany (“Visum zu Studienzwecken“)
If you have received your notification of admission to university or a foundation course, you should apply for a student visa in Germany. Student visa in Germany is usually valid for three months. Within these three months, you will have to apply for an extended residence permit at the Alien Registration Office in your respective town.
- Application Requirements :
- Confirmation of registration from the Residents’ Registration Office
- Confirmation of private or public health insurance coverage
- Student ID from your German university (certificate of enrolment)
- Proof of financial resources (if you didn’t present it earlier when you applied for a visa)
- Valid passport and current visa, if you have one
- Certificate of health(if applicable)
- Your tenancy agreement (if applicable)
- Biometric passport photos (if applicable)
- Money for the residence permit fee (inquire at the International Office about the current rate).
You initially receive a two-year residence permit which can be extended if necessary. The approval of an extension depends on whether your studies have proceeded “properly” (i.e. you are keeping within the standard period of study for your degree program).
You have to present a letter of confirmation to this effect from your university. And remember: You must apply for an extension before your residence permit expires!
- German Language is a prerequisite- But not always: German is normally the language of instruction in most degree programs at German universities. That’s why foreign applicants are usually required to prove their knowledge of German before gaining admission.
However, German is not a prerequisite if you enroll in an international degree program or a special post-graduate course. Some universities do not ask for proof of German language proficiency if you plan on studying there for only one or two semesters.
This rule does not apply everywhere, however. It’s best to inquire directly at the university about the language requirements for incoming students.
- Recognition of your secondary school leaving certificate:
If you want to study at a German university, you will need a “Hochschulzugangsberechtigung” – or “university entrance qualification”. This is a school-leaving certificate which qualifies you for university study.
If your secondary-school certificate is deemed insufficient for Study in Germany, you will have to attend a foundation course (“Studienkolleg”) before you are allowed to enroll.
It is very important for you to know whether your certificate is:
- It is very important for you to know whether your certificate is:
- Recognized only for subject-restricted university admission (i.e. for study in a limited subject area).
- Recognized only in combination with one or two years of successful university study in your home country.
- Not recognized as university entrance qualification.
A formal university entrance qualification is sometimes not required from talented candidates applying for admission to artistic subjects. Depending on the university, you may have to submit samples of your work or pass an aptitude test instead.
Procedure For Visa
Many students desire to pursue education from abroad but the issue that lies in front of them is the lengthy visa procedure for Germany. Moksh Overseas Consultants endeavor to cut this lengthy process into short with the help of its resource person.
Being a student, the different procedures followed for attainment of visa to Germany such as documentation, form submission, interview, etc. may leave you confused but with the help of Moksh’s team of specialists, you can be at ease as we handle the burden of the process right from the beginning.
In order to not face any trouble in the visa procedure for Germany later, we keep an official linkup with the pertinent authorities that keep us updated with the latest information. Moreover, we examine the documents before sending them to the visa office for inspection by the authorized officers following the final submission.
How To Get In Touch With Us?
Group Counselling (Seminars)
MOKSH is going to hold seminars in different parts of India and shall come to your city anytime, DO NOT MISS this golden opportunity to interact with our expert counsellors and get the right advice on your medical career! Click here to register for the seminar!
Also, it is highly advisable to attend one of our Online Counselling sessions on MBBS abroad till PG before attending the seminar as you would have your basics clear since the start! Click here to attend an online counselling session!
Online Counselling Session (Webinars)
Get Complete information on MBBS Abroad, MBBS in India, How to choose the university, country, Pros & Cons of different countries, PG preparation followed by a Q & A session with doubt clearance and every other possible detail regarding MBBS right up to PG! To get a glimpse of the previous webinars, Click on MBBS Abroad till PG, MBBS in USA till PG, MBBS in Germany till PG to watch. These are the recorded versions.
To register for a live Online counselling session and get all your doubts cleared with the CEO of MOKSH, Click here. You can also subscribe to our channel on Youtube in order to get constant updates on new webinars and videos on MBBS Abroad! Click here to subscribe to MOKSH Webinars!
In case of any error, Call on 7024240963.
Tele - Counselling
MOKSH has an extremely knowledgeable and experienced team of MBBS counsellors who have an expertise in a specific topic like MBBS in Russia, China, USA, Ukraine, Germany, etc right up to PG. You can be in touch with one of the counsellors constantly via phone calls, SMS, Whats app, Emails, etc and they shall be there to solve your doubts and help you carve the right path towards your MBBS journey!
You can call on,
- 9699360370 for MBBS Abroad like Russia, China, Ukraine, Georgia, Poland, Kyrgyzstan, etc ( if you have a budget in the range of Rs. 15lacs and above)
- 8082143550 for MBBS in USA right up to PG ( If you have a budget of Rs. 60-70 lac)
- 8291922514 for PG in Germany
MOKSH has its branch offices in 12 cities of India now so there is no need to travel all the way to the Mumbai Head office for a personal counselling! You can still do so if you wish though. To get to a MOKSH office in your own city for a free personal counselling session on MBBS Abroad right up to PG in USA/ Germany, You call on 9699360370 and our counsellor shall arrange a Personal counselling session in your city or the closest location to you.
MOKSH holds an Online Scholarship Test every year where in the students get the NEXT Online Coaching on a huge discount or even 100% scholarship which otherwise costs more than Rs.1, 25,000. It is a 360 marks MCQ test focused on the 12th Board exams syllabus.
The students who register with MOKSH for MBBS Abroad get a higher priority in the scholarship test. You can call on 9699360370 to get further information on the scholarship test of 2018!
Why Study In Germany Through Moksh?
MOKSH is one of the top education consultant in Mumbai. There are very few overseas education consultants which represents Study in Germany on such a large scale. An already existing list of Study in Germany consultants is present in India. There are many consultancies in Hyderabad and other Indian cities. MOKSH is one of the best. Thus, along with Mumbai, it also serves as a consultancy in Hyderabad and other cities.